This page is the most superfluous page in an otherwise unnecessary website. This entire site is about me. Basically, I think I am the most interesting person I know. Sometimes I think I know a few things, but then life generally persists in showing me how that sort of grandiose self-mythologizing will not be tolerated.
What can I say here that hasn’t been said elsewhere? I like to listen to podcasts during my commute to work. I’ve commuted between 30 to 40 minutes to work, each way, for nearly my entire career. As the years passed, I first listened to commercial radio. Then, as times and technology changed, I listened to a collection of CDs. As technology and disposable income progressed, I subscribed to satellite radio. Eventually the world changed again and now I’m either on the phone with family (hands-free of course), or listening to podcasts. My favorite podcasts are:
- The Critical Path Horace Deadu is amazing. I’ve been listening since the first episode. If you like analysis of the mobile industry, this is the show for you. Thanks Jake!
- This American Life It’s the most popular podcast in the world for a reason.
- Radiolab Because it makes you think about stuff one may not typically think about and the production value is top-notch
- WTF Marc Maron is some sort of modern messiah, or at least he thinks he is.
- Asymcar Horace & Jim do transportation analysis. Someone please sponsor the show so I can get my fix!
- 5by5 Specials So that I don’t miss anything on ‘the network’ that Dan wants me to know
- High Density Oh Horace, is this abandoned?
I am of German and Polish descent. I’ve been to Germany one time, and, frankly, it was awesome to visit the motherland. I hope to go back.